INSTRUCTION COURSE (IC) GUIDELINES:
- Total duration of Instruction course is 55 minutes. The chief instructors must ensure that the session
finishes exactly on time & does not spill over to the change over time / next session.
- Instruction courses dealing with clinical sciences should deliver current and evidence-based
- Courses with formats utilizing innovative teaching styles are particularly encouraged. Interactive dialogues and panel discussions are educational methods that stimulate additional interest and promote learning.
- Controversial or unproven concepts, may be more appropriately presented as free papers or Posters
How many IC’s can an instructor participate?
- Chief instructor MUST be a ratified member of TNOA.
- As a chief instructor, a ratified member can submit ONE INSTRUCTION COURSE ONLY.
- All Co-Instructors have to be members of TNOA and
– Can provide consent only for three instruction courses
– Can participate in a maximum of two instruction courses as co instructor
What happens if more than 2 courses get selected?
- It is the discretion of the co-instructor to choose the courses he/she wants to participate.
- If the co-instructor does not choose the preferred 2 courses, then the first 2 accepted courses (in the
order of consent provided) shall be treated as the chosen courses by the co-instructor and the rest shall be
withdrawn by the scientific committee
- The chief-instructor is responsible to find an alternate co-instructor WITHIN 7 DAYS from the date of
announcement of selected instruction course,
if the chief instructor is unable to find a suitable new co
instructor, he/she can allocate the topic to himself or a co instructor who is already part of the IC.
- If the chosen co-instructor withdraws from the instruction course, the chief instructor should
communicate the Name , TNOA Membership no, Mobile No, Email Id of the Alternate Co-instructor
to [email protected] with copy marked to
How many Co-instructors can be added?
An Instruction course can contain maximum 5 co-instructors (Excluding the Chief Instructor)
Chief instructor of ICs should submit the following details without fail
Type the details exactly as you would want to be printed in the scientific program.
The title of the course SHOULD NOT exceed 100 characters (including spaces).
Course Outline (Synopsis)
Instruction Course Synopsis SHOULD NOT exceed 1000 characters (including spaces).
Topics for each speaker and time allotted for the topic
Fill Co-Instructors names, topics and time allotted for each topic in the separate box given. These details SHOULD NOT be mentioned in the Synopsis of the course. The topics SHOULD NOT exceed 100 characters (including spaces).
Chief Instructor’s Resume (600 characters only)
Ensure the Chief Instructor’s resume does not exceed 600 characters (including spaces), is prepared with
care and is complete. Ensure that the name of Institution, place of work of the instructors are not revealed. The resume should be so written as not to reveal the identity of the chief instructor or of the Institution – These, If mentioned, may lead to Non-Consideration / Rejection of the Course.
- If selected, the submitted format of the Instruction Course must be strictly adhered to
without any change in topics/timings/speakers.
- The abstract will appear exactly the way it has been submitted and the Scientific
Committee will not be responsible for any spelling and grammatical errors.
Instruction courses are accepted in any one of the following specialties
- Community / Social Ophthalmology
- Comprehensive Ophthalmology
- External Disease
- Neuro Ophthalmology
- Ocular Pathology , Ocular Oncology and Tumors
- Optics / Refraction / Contact Lens
- Orbit & Oculoplasty
- Refractive Surgery
- Vitreo Retinal Diseases
- Practice management
- Paediatric ophthalmology